Work with DUCK Expeditions
Work With DUCK Expeditions
We pride ourselves on working with a range of high quality external partners. We are always looking to make new links and partnerships, so if you represent a charity and would like to get involved, then read on.
In what capacity can you work with us?
Help to enhance our students' Journey Like No Other in England, providing vital fundraising support and individual, team, or Leader development opportunities before the summer Expedition. In return, these students can donate a portion of their year's fundraising to your charity.Help to enhance the Journey Like No Other overseas. Perhaps you can provide us the structure for a charitable project, or a physical challenge. If you are a charity, these students can donate a portion of their year's fundraising to your charity.
In both cases, your charity must work in line with DUCK's Giving Statement and Giving Strategy.
What do we look for?
There are three main areas which we assess when deciding whether to start a new partnership.
Using our Giving Statement and Giving Strategy, we must consider your charity a worthwhile cause to donate money to and work with (in competition with our other options!).
How can your charity enhance the participant's experience, both in-country and in England? This could include a range of aspects, for example:
- Fundraising support, by organising challenge events, Rag Raids, or hosting fundraising workshops
- Fundraising incentives, where over-fundraising gives the participant discounts on activities overseas
- Contact with any individuals overseas pre-expedition
- Information evenings or talks, to teach participants about the charity for whom they are fundraising
- Immersion in the overseas project, leaving a degree of independence for the participants to drive the project how they see fit (with guidance from in-country co-ordinators)
- Strong overseas support structures, and easy lines of communication. Whilst our Leaders undergo an intensive Leadership Development Programme, all Leaders are students, and do not hold legal qualifications in Leadership or Expedition management.
The marketability of your proposed Expedition destination and charitable project, within Durham University.
- Do we already provide a similar expedition?
- Is the overseas project cost breakdown reasonable?
If you would like to get involved, then please e-mail the Expeditions Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org; we are keen to hear from you.